- Parochial School of Mary, Star of the Sea Catholic Church in the Village of La Jolla
- U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School –Awarded in 2005
- Accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA)
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Member of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
- Member of the Association for Curriculum and Development (ASCD)
The mission of Stella Maris Academy is to empower a community of diverse learners to achieve their God-given potential by providing a Christ-centered, academically excellent, and safe environment.
Statement of Philosophy
The parents, administration, faculty, and staff of Stella Maris Academy believe that Christ is the center of our lives and that we are called to proclaim the Good News, to create community, and to be of service to all of God’s people.
We acknowledge that parents are the primary educators of their children.
We foster a supportive environment that balances high expectations with the respect for individual differences.
We commit ourselves to challenge students to become life-long learners while developing a healthy attitude of personal value and self-worth.
We prepare students for higher education, responsible citizenship, and moral integrity in an ever-changing world.
School-Wide Learning Expectations
Graduates of Stella Maris Academy are:
- Active Faith-Filled Catholics Who:
- Pray everyday
- Live each day as Jesus and Mary did
- Share the teachings of Jesus with others
- Understand and participate in the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church
- Lifelong Learners Who:
- Read, write and speak effectively
- Develop independence in learning
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Consistently appreciate and integrate fine arts
- Value every life situation as a learning experience
- Community and Global Ambassadors Who:
- Utilize social skills
- Are peacemakers
- Appreciate and care for all of God’s creation
- Recognize that everyone is equal in God’s eyes
- Demonstrate a spirit of service
Policy of Non-Discrimination
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of San Diego, mindful of their mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admit students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the schools. The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of San Diego do not discriminate on the basis of of race, color, national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in the administration of educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.