Scrip/Gift Card Program
Scrip/Gift Cards is a "painless" way to raise funds for Stella Maris Academy.
Support our school by ordering Scrip/Gift Cards today.
I am pleased to announce that the SCRIP program contributed $17,000 to Stella Maris Academy last year. This year we are introducing a new program that will give families an opportunity to earn a tuition credit while raising money for the school.
The SCRIP program sells gift cards from grocery and retail stores, gas stations, restaurants and other businesses. SMA earns anywhere from 1% to 15% per gift card.
For the upcoming school year, SMA expects each family to meet a minimum $100.00 profit/contribution from SCRIP purchases. Once a family earns $100 in contributions to the school, half of the additional profits will be given as a tuition credit the following year. At the end of the fiscal year, each family will be notified of the amount of tuition credit they have accrued. This can be applied to the following year’s tuition or donated.
Tuition Credit Example:
- A family spends
- $500 per month for groceries ($6,000/year; 4% contribution)
- 4% of $6000 is $240
- $400 per month on gas ($4,800/year; 2% contribution)
- 2% of $4800 is $96
- $336 is earned in contributions
- The first $100 goes to the school. Of the remaining $236, the family earns $118 in tuition credit and the school earns an additional $118.
Buying cards that contribute a higher percentage will help you earn more. Restaurants and clothing stores generally contribute a higher percentage. Also, earnings received through eScrip (registering your grocery store club cards) will count towards your goal. Another way to earn credit is to ask your child’s grandparents to participate. In January, we will provide you with a summary of your contributions so that you can plan accordingly for the rest of the year.
It is EASY to participate--It just takes some planning:
- Incorporate SCRIP cards into your monthly budget for food, clothing, gas, etc.
- Fill out an order form and attach cash or a check written to SMA.
- Bring it to the front office during regular office hours.
- Drop off the form for processing later, or pick up available cards right away.
Our Goal is to raise $22,000 for SMA through the SCRIP program during the upcoming year. Please contact me if you have any questions about the program.
Jennifer Oliver, SMA Scrip Coordinator
Ordering Scrip/Gift Cards is easy as 1-2-3!
- View the list of available gift cards:http://www.glscrip.com/retailerlist/index.aspx or http://order.scrippro.com/vendors
- Order Scrip Gift cards online: http://www.shopwithscrip.com
- Enrollment Code 8172A19612L64
- Or, for a printable order form, click here: Scrip Order Form - Interactive
- Email a list of gift cards you would like to order Jennifer Oliver
- Pick up your order in the school office. Please allow 1 week for your order to arrive.
SMA PAINLESS FUNDRAISING
Don’t forget to:
1. Sign up your Von’s Card with Escrip Escrip
2. Purchase SCRIP Gift Cards from the school office SMA SCRIP
3. Sign up your Ralph’s Card, organization number 80032. To register click ENROLL
What is Scrip?
Scrip is a term that means "substitute money."
When SMA families purchase scrip, they're purchasing negotiable gift cards that are used just like cash. The scrip is issued by the national and local retailers where many families already shop. These merchants want to support non-profit organizations, and in return, ask you to support them by shopping with scrip at their stores. SMA families can use scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials. Every purchase earns revenue for SMA!
The Great Lakes Scrip center acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non-profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Your organization buys the scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the cards to your organization members for full face value. The bulk of the discount - from two to fifteen percent or more - is retained by your organization as revenue.
The reason for the effectiveness of scrip is simple: families generate revenue through purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with scrip. An organization of 150 families easily spends between one and two million dollars per year on food, clothing and other essentials. If these families use scrip for these purchases, they can raise as much as $40,000 to $80,000 per year for their organization --without spending an additional penny.
Families who purchase scrip certificates actively support the retailers who participate in this program. The reason is simple… they know that buying from a scrip participating retailer provides a steady source of revenue for their church, school, or non-profit organization.